1275 – U.S. Assembly Plant Manager – Ann Arbor area
Our client is a French start-up company specializing in the design and manufacturing of completely driverless and autonomous electric vehicles. Their innovative and intelligent technology, an autonomous shuttle, is the first driverless production vehicle to be sold on the market. They are creating an assembly plant in the US nearby DETROIT. For this purpose, our client is looking to hire an Assembly Plant Manager for their US subsidiary located near Detroit/Ann Arbor. This is a critical position for the company in the US.
The scope and responsibilities of the U.S. Assembly plant manager are:
• To set-up and apply the mounting and assembly process, effectively launching the production line
• To set-up and fit the new assembly plan building
• Manage industrial supplies and supplier’s relationships
• Establish connections with sub-contractors
• To put together the different workstations
• To identify and compose the lists of tools needed
• To hire and train staff for assembly line and maintenance (mechanic and electricity team leaders)
• To follow and oversee the staff and infrastructure needs in correlation with the growth of activity.
• Plan production objectives
• Assure production rate of production line
• Follow-on all the administrative items and paperwork
• Management skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
• To be practical and able to multitask
• To have experience in assembly plants (minimum 8-10 years)
• To be a knowledgeable mechanic with electric/electronic expertise
• To be proactive and reactive
• To be resourceful
• The ability to speak French would be a major plus
• The candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with a good knowledge of technical matters.
• In addition, the candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience -if possible- in the automotive or transportation industry and be able to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are a must including written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work seamlessly with France.
• The position is based in ANN ARBOR nearby DETROIT and a competitive salary / bonus will be based on experience and performance.
• The candidate must plan for 1 month of training in FRANCE, with the assembly plant team
Please forward resume to “email@example.com” and indicate #1275 in the subject line of your email.