Recruiting for European Companies Doing Business in the USA
1254 – Senior Sales Director USA
Our client is an expert and a world leader in the field of flooring solutions for a variety of markets (healthcare, retirement homes, retail, industry, education, social housing, offices, sports…). The company is eco-responsible and has set the highest standards when it comes to environmental quality, using recycled materials across all its product lines.
This is an amazing opportunity for a true leader who is ready to be a part of a growing company. The Senior Sales Director will report to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer and will supervise a dedicated team (regional managers) of 5 people.
The Sales Director will be in contact with various departments of the company, particularly: Customer Service department, Marketing department, Technical Assistance department and Human Resources.
The main responsibilities are:
In the area of Sales:
- Contribute to defining sales strategy and market approach for the distribution / dealers network
- Contribute to the achievement of a sales budget for each territory / dealer
- Propose a detail sales & marketing budget every year
- Cover personally several national or regional customers that are strategic to the product line
- Contribute to building an appropriate network of distributors aimed at covering all areas/ states with potential in the territory
- Support dealers and ensure products training as well as joint customers visits together with dealers’ sales staff
- Define action plans aimed at implementing the strategy
- Keep precise records, on an ongoing basis, of significant actions in the territory concerning targeted distributors / dealers
- Based on sales analysis, drive product mix in order to reach corporate goals and maximize growth and profit margin
- Propose price positioning per customer type, territory and or product family
- Ensure consistent incentive, training of internal and external sales teams
- Recruitment of a team, to manage and monitor them
- Participate and propose trade show(s)
In the area of Marketing (in collaboration with the Marketing team):
- Contribute to defining stocking program details
- Provide market intelligence concerning Competition, Distribution, Product trends, Standards, etc… to feed strategy and action plans
- Suggest ideas to contribute to the product range development (in particular design trend and specific for the USA market)
- In relation with logistics department, ensure smooth follow-up of the stocking program inventory
- Propose sampling and advertising initiatives, including marketing tools, web content, trade shows, and display.
- Propose promotional initiatives aimed at increasing the amount of sales.
- Propose sales incentives, contests aimed at motivating sales forces
- In relation with management, contribute to organizing sales seminars and product launches
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales in distribution channel with exclusive dealers or franchisees
- University Degree (Business and Management School or University)
- B to C to B experience (consumer product sell through distributors)
- Sales and tactical marketing skills (4 Ps)
- Ability to communicate and to convince
- Excellent people relationship skills
- Team spirit and leadership
- Ability to propose and to implement
- Organization, perseverance, tenacity, thorough approach
- Creativity, ability to analyze and summarize
- Operational, field oriented
Please Note: You must reside near a major US airport. This position will require travel between 50-60% of the time. Frequent visits to Chicago and Salt Lake City are to be expected. .
To apply, please email your resume (preferably Word format) to email@example.com with the reference 1254 in the subject line.
All DSML searches require US work authorization. Sorry, but we do not provide sponsorship opportunities