Finance & Accounting
Finance Director – Chicago – 1277
Posted on April 24, 2017
1277 – Finance Director (Chicago NW Suburb)
Our client is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of innovative drug delivery solutions. The company offers contract manufacturing for a number of devices as well as proprietary products. The company heavily invests in R&D and develops innovative solutions that always put the patient first.
The company is looking for a Finance Director (Plant Controller).
The purpose of the position is to assist plant management in achieving financial objectives of the plant and provide assistance in ongoing business plans and activities. To lead the finance team to ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS, and completed timely as per company guidelines. To assist management in understanding the financial impact of varied business scenarios regarding customer quotes, product profitability and other risk and opportunities.
The position includes the management of a small team of 3 (Cost Accounting Manager, Senior Financial Analyst and Accounting Administrator). The key accountabilities are as follows:
• Ensure overall internal controls of the plant follow company policies and procedures as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This will include, but not be limited, to the preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations, semi-annual physical inventories, and review of business processes to ensure that risks are mitigated.
• Preparation of Plant Financial Statements as well as monthly variance analysis versus budget and prior year performance.
• Provide guidance to Plant Steering Committee on financial performance and analysis to determine ensure that the Plant meets its Annual financial targets and maximizes performance.
• Provide ongoing analysis of risks and opportunities for the plant based upon changes in the plant’s customer base and forecasts.
• Preparation of Capital Expenditure Requests in conformance with company policies
• Preparation and presentation of Annual Budget to Division Leadership Team, including profitability analysis and expected changes to working capital. • Preparation of Quarterly forecasts of the current fiscal year.
• Assist in financial analysis of Annual Strategic Plan.
• Preparation of 3-month Rolling Short Term Forecast.
• Liaise with Corporate Shared Services in administration of Tax Preparation, Insurance and Risk Management, and other General Accounting responsibilities.
• All other tasks or projects as assigned
The key requirements are:
- At least 7 years of relevant plant accounting experience
- Experience with complex manufacturing environment
- Experience with cash and working capital management
- BS Degree in Accounting, MBA and CPA/CMA highly recommended
- Experience in SAP necessary (including with costing module)
- Team player who has a demonstrated track record of working across functions with project managers, engineers, sales, etc.
This is a Chicago office based position – not work from home – and there is no allowance for relocation.
Please forward your resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and reference 1277 Finance Director in your email.