Sales & Marketing
Territory Sales Manager North East, Baltimore or Philadelphia – 1224
Posted on June 30, 2016
1224 – Territory Sales Manager North East – 1224
Baltimore or Philadelphia areas (Home Based)
Our client is a company specializing in green building products and services such as green roofs, living walls and storm water solutions. Privately owned and headquartered in Europe, the company has been in business for over 30 years. Products are sold through distributors.
For the US subsidiary located in the North East of the US, we are looking for a Territory Sales Manager who will primarily motivate and support the independent sales reps in the territory, provide technical and sales support for large projects, and develop relationships with key prospects.
This position will report to the International Director located in Europe and will require significant travel within the territory (50% in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area + 30% across the Eastern US).
The Territory Sales Manager North East will play an active role in the overall development of the company in the US by demonstrating the values of the organization: enthusiasm, integrity, motivation and safety.
The job description for the Territory Sales Manager is as follows:
- Achieve the annual business plan within the territory
- Manage and support assigned independent sales reps on a daily basis to maximize sales process efficiency
- Specifically focus sales efforts on the biggest or most complex projects to maximize their conversion ratio
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with all the distribution channel players within the territory: membrane manufacturers, distributors, roofers.
- Identify new leads and targets
- Promote the company’s solutions to architects, buildings owners within the territory through visits, trainings, and education programs (such as AIA presentations)
- Provide basic technical support to customers in territory
- Identify and understand competitive landscape and highlights potential product development opportunities
- Internally share customer information and manage relationships with all the related departments involved in the customer satisfaction process
- Actively follow contacts and projects in Salesforce
The required profile of the candidate is:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the green buildings industry selling innovative solutions or any related building materials
- Precise knowledge and experience in managing and selling through similar distribution channel and players is a must
- Proactive, organized, results-oriented self-starter with a high level of energy and drive
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and during face-to-face interactions
- Excellent relationship building skills
- A good mix of Account Management and New Business Development Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as familiarity with Salesforce will be a plus.
- Ready to travel 4 days a week on average
- Candidate must possess integrity and share company’s values
- Entrepreneurial skills, collaborative, and adaptable mindset
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
This position will be based from the candidate’s home office.
To apply: Email your resume at email@example.com with the reference 1224 in the subject line
DSML Executive Search: http://dsmlexecutivesearch.com/?career_searches=territory-sales-manager-north-east-baltimore-or-philadelphia-1224