Chicago - Northern Suburbs
Sales & Marketing
North America Sales Director – Chicago Northern suburbs
Posted on September 26, 2015
1188 – North America Sales Director – Chicago Northern suburbs
Our client is one of the world leaders in the design, development and manufacturing of drug delivery devices. They provide a product through multiple business models: from full solution development to contract manufacturing, and offer customized solutions. The company has a strong culture of innovation and has developed unique proprietary products designed to improve patient usability.
The mission of the Sales Director is to generate business growth by leading the North American (US + Canada) sales team and by creating, implementing, and managing a long term strategy for the territory across the product ranges. A successful Sales Director will have market knowledge, prospection, excellent customer relationship management and team management skills. The North America Sales Director will also maintain direct responsibility for one or more global strategic accounts.
The key responsibilities:
- Create & lead the implementation of the sales & business development strategy for North America for both Contract Manufacturing business and Proprietary products
- Understand the business drivers and competitive landscape
- Understand market trends and customers’ markets opportunities, constraints, & challenges
- Drive more opportunities to quote by ensuring optimal pick-up of leads from both the Leads Team in Europe and from self-generated leads across multiple segments.
- Inform the Corporate Marketing and Innovation teams (based in Europe), as well as Global VP of Sales, about local markets trends and needs to drive sales
- Lead assessment of viability of Medical and Diagnostics segment strategy
- Manage a 3 person team: two Key Account Managers, a Business Development Manager, and a Sales Assistant
- Lead the team to generate business development opportunities
- Support the team in communicating and educating customers about their technical value proposition, competitive advantage, sustainability impact and innovation focus/capabilities
- Support the team in expanding advocates network at multiple levels and functions within customer organization (building networks and attending governance meetings)
- Lead the definition of annual budget and forecast revisions for North America with the local sales team as well as annual 5 year strategic plan
- Support the achievement of the company’s financial objectives:
- Define pricing/margin level in line with expected financial indicators for quotes, with the Central Quoting team and Sales Effectiveness Director when applicable.
- Drive the sales team for monthly cash collection and annual Genuine Performance Indicators
- Lead strategic business acquisition through contract negotiation and homogenization:
- Develop and manage deals (simple offers to complex tenders) and effectively communicate them to customers and internally.
- Coordinate activities of the local team with support functions in Europe (Marketing, Innovation, Sales Effectiveness, Finance) and facilitates
- Manage limited portfolio of strategic global customers personally:
- Lead, negotiate and close global deals in the continent within which he/she is located
- Optimize commercial relationship governance with those customers
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and implementing sales directly for those customers
Our client is looking for a technically savvy strategic thinker with leadership and coaching skills, a real ability to work across different cultures and a successful experience with complex manufacturing contract negotiation.
The main requirements are:
- Minimum 2 years of management experience combined with 10+ technical sales experience managing at least 50 Mil Revenues
- Experience with multiyear complex contract negotiation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing. MBA preferred.
- High level of autonomy and able to work in a multi-cultural environment with a European management team & remote support functions
- Another language skill / or experience living/working abroad (Europe)
- Experience working in relation with the Healthcare industry is a plus
- Ability to coach/drive each individual to the expected performance level
- Good understanding of financial, pricing and legal key drivers.
- Proven strategy creation and implementation experience
- Highly organized, structured and rigorous
- Able to manage stress while leading team and fulfilling multiple business priorities
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with others/customers to deliver on promise
- Able to travel 60-70%
Email your resume to Apply@dsmlexecutivesearch.com and mention reference 1188 in the subject line.