Sales & Marketing
Business Development Manager – Chicago
Posted on January 05, 2015
Our client offers a wide range of services to help companies improve the design, build and operation of buildings. Their unique blend of product testing and market research can also help manufacturers gain the relevant certification and plan their marketing strategy.
This position will seek and develop new business opportunities for our client. To develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans in order to maintain and increase existing business and capture new opportunities. To improve the Company’s market position in the US market and achieve financial growth of the US branch.
First 12 months:
- Working with the GM Operations, develop a five year business plan for our client in the USA (North America) with defined strategy, objectives and revenue targets, feasibility analysis and scenarios, established processes and timeline, evaluation of business threats and opportunities including competitor activity tracking, financial budget and forecast, KPIs. The business plan will be discussed and approved by the management team in early 2015 and updated every six months up to 2020.
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer relationship activities.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of the Business Plan, setting objectives and methods to reach them, integrating marketing, operations and financial knowledge to achieve the Company strategic goals and objectives.
- Assess risks using financial, statistical and economic data and create manageable solutions for Board’s approval.
- Develop the pipeline of the new business coming into the Company
- Identify and develop the opportunities for campaigns and other business development tools.
- Take ownership of the management of sales and marketing functions and initiatives. Deliver sales presentations, conduct clients’ meetings
- Constantly develop and use your knowledge of the market and competitors to ensure the companies position and enhance the Company’s performance.
- Work closely with the other Line Managers to ensure the new business lead are being processed and followed up in a timely manner.
- Develop and deliver proposals for the existing and potential new clients
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Present business development trainings and mentoring to the direct reports and other members of staff.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience of working in a similar position to align sales strategies and solutions
- Proven track record of successful new business generation and increasing the revenue
- Experience if working in a corporate/ business focused environment
- Experience in HVAC/Construction related industries
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference 1156 in the subject line