Sales & Marketing
Regional Sales Manager – Wine Industry – West Coast (1211)
Posted on January 25, 2016
1211– Regional Sales Manager – West Coast – Wine industry
If you are passionate about wine and an energetic, dedicated and detail oriented sales professional convinced that selling is about being in the field every day, this is a great opportunity to join a fast growing wine maker from France.
Our client is a leading expert from France recognized by all wine lovers. As a wine-grower and owner of flagship estates, the company has acquired a unique expertise in the terroirs of their region. The company has received numerous awards and is growing significantly.
In the US, the company is creating a new sales position to cover the independent distribution and restaurant channels in the Western region.
The primary purpose of the role is to Develop, grow and manage sales for all general market, on- and off-premises, in order to meet or exceed short- and long-term objectives (sales, profit, and growth).
The Regional Manager is responsible for overall sales performance of distributors as well as key account relationships in the region to drive performance along the lines of planned budgets and company vision. The Regional Manager is responsible for all aspects of commercial planning and execution with customers. The individual is supported by the functional areas of marketing, finance, and a customer service team to optimize sales revenue and margins.
The Regional Manager contributes to the achievement of the company’s vision by ensuring that his/her personal behavior is consistent with the company’s values.
This authentic brand values constant innovation in the quality of its products and has internationally renowned appellations.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
- Establish effective relationships with distributors to allow the Company to build in-market presence & manage performance: qualify them in sales force.
- Work with distributors to develop & implement market strategies & business plans to deliver regional goals, manage distributors and team to achieve goals and vision : planning and program meetings at least every quarter
- Monitor brand performance & market trends to identify issues adapting plans & activities accordingly, monitor depletions, shipments and distribution
- Work continuously with distributors to build Brand presence
- Effectively train, support & motivate sales teams in order to become a high performance and effective team
- Work with Company Distributors in market in order to execute local sales and marketing activities in line with agreed Business Plan, with and without Area Mangers
- Manage pricing to maintain competitive retail pricing and optimize profitability, apply DA policy of headquarters
- Maintain sales forecast to ensure efficient supply without overstocks or out of stocks 120 days’ forecast
- Effectively manage incentive programs to deliver Company Goal, effectively manage A&P together with Marketing team, monitor and control all programs to be in line with budgets allocated by headquarters
- Effectively manage global promotional budgets within territory to achieve goals set by Company
- Update salesforce daily and weekly reporting
- Manage pricing to maintain competitive retail pricing and optimize profitability , apply DA policy of headquarters
- Identify & actively exploit new business opportunities in terms of new distribution and new routes to market : visit at least 6 accounts a day
The position will report to the Sales Director North America, based in NY, and will interact with several key executives (CEO, VP North America) and team members (Other Sales team members, Marketing Director, Export Assistants etc.)
Please forward resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and reference 1211 – Regional Sales Manager in the subject line.