Sales & Marketing
Business Development Manager
Posted on March 23, 2015
Our client is an international company manufacturing packaging for the pharmaceutical industry. The company has operations in the US and Europe and sell in more than 40 countries. The company is experiencing significant growth and is creating a new position within the Sales organization in North America.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business for own-IP Drug Delivery Devices, in a specific territory in the US. The Business Development Manager will report to the Sales Director North America.
The main responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
- Identify and develop new business within and outside the current customer base through market research and prospection, including frequent customer visits and presentations, trade fairs, etc. on own-IP products
- Work closely with the Marketing Category Managers to successfully promote own-IP products
- Work closely with the Americas Sales Assistant to follow-up promptly on information and samples requests, pricing requests, etc.
- Elaborate presentations, answer RFI/RFQ
- Participate in developing the marketing strategy for this market/region
- Develop and maintain relationships within all levels of the customers’ organizations. In particular these will include Procurement, R&D, and Manufacturing.
- Manage margin improvement through price increase and/or identifying cost reduction opportunities.
- Communicate and champion customer needs throughout the organization; leverage the organization to win new projects
- Develop and organise effective working relationships with the manufacturing facilities and project management teams in support of the customers
- Manage, follow up and/or conclude existing projects
- Readiness to travel 60-70% of the time
- Can-do attitude
- Results oriented
- Excellent listener with strong communication skills. Some experience in cold calling and prospection is a plus.
- Curiosity and technical acumen
- Fluent English speaker
- Autonomous but team player
- Good stress-handling capabilities
- Very structured, organized and rigorous
The position will be based home based, preferably close to a major airport in the Eastern part of the US.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference 1179 in the subject line.