Sales & Marketing
Strategic Account Manager, Cambridge, MA
Posted on June 19, 2014
Our client is a fast-growing international company on a mission to provide people with the most seamless, enjoyable and effective experience to take care of themselves and their close ones, through the creation of smart products and apps. They are looking for passionate professionals who do thrive in a fast-pace environment with a pipeline of new inspiring products.
The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers.
The Strategic Account Manager represents company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
This position will work very closely with other departments to develop programs, items and any other supporting material.
The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Head of Sales.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support and channel marketing resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period:
o Create customer plan-o-grams that best fit company and customers’ needs
o Optimize shelf space that allows company to be merchandised competitively and consistently in accounts managed
o Develop Account Business Plans
o Manage account spending to optimize sales
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
• Direct sales account management experience with a national/regional retailer
• Bachelor’s degree minimum
• Excellent computer skills, e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Outstanding presentation and influence skills
• Strong analytical background
• Strong retail marketplace knowledge
• Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org