1290 – HR Generalist – Chicago Northern suburbs
Our client is an international leader in the design, development and manufacturing of innovative drug delivery solutions for a variety of applications. For the local plant, the company is hiring a Human Resource Generalist in addition to the existing team, to meet business/employee needs. The Human Resource Generalist will be part of a small team and will report to the Human Resource Manager. The company is growing and there are interesting career opportunities for employees.
The purpose of the Job:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day HR operations, including recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, benefits, payroll, training, performance management, policy, employment law, etc.
- Help set, document and maintain administrative policies and procedures for HR processes (best practices/standard operating procedures).
- Act as an expert on HR policies and procedures and train supervisors and employees on the same.
- Serve as an ADP contact and maintain the ADP HRIS system, including programming the HRIS, entering employee information for salaried employees, etc.
- Manage recruitment of salaried positions, including job descriptions, postings, reviewing resumes, interviewing and offer process.
- Manage onboarding of salaried positions, including creating onboarding plans, facilitating new hire process, etc.
- Manage the off-boarding process, including explaining benefits, completing exit interviews, etc.
- Support the performance management process by training on the system, helping set goals, answering questions, ensuring participation
- Conduct new hire and annual HR related training as needed.
- Help support HR Manager and supervisors with employee relations issues and questions.
- Help develop and maintain affirmative action and EEOC plans as needed.
- Serve as a back-up contact for benefit plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Serve as a back-up subject matter expert for the US benefit plans.
- Help develop and keep current employee communications.
- Answer employee questions and help find resolution.
- Support the payroll processing procedure as needed to ensure accurate and timely payrolls.
- Help maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Support engagement activities and all HR projects or initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree level preferred
- 4+ years of experience required – individual with potential and ability to move to next level role and beyond
- Strong intellect and infectious personality, able to make an immediate impact on the business
- Self-driven with a strong achievement motive
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and follow-through skills
- Holds strongly to key principles – is courageous – but not rigid or inflexible in approach
- Ability to develop trusting and influential relationships with senior leaders and colleagues/peers, individuals at all levels, both within and outside Healthcare (also able to navigate in a matrix environment and influence change). This will require working closely with the local HR managers and senior management to ensure engagement and involvement of stakeholders on key projects.
- Alignment with company values : Innovation, Passion, Ambition
- Emotionally self-aware and open to feedback
- Working knowledge of ADP HRIS helpful
Please forward resume to: [email protected]