1283 – Process & Safety Engineer – Amasa, Michigan
Our client is an expert and a world leader in the field of flooring solutions for a variety of markets (sports, healthcare, retirement homes, retail, industry, education, social housing, offices…). The company is eco-responsible and has set the highest standards when it comes to environmental quality, using recycled materials across all its product lines. Headquartered in Europe, the company is growing at a fast pace in the US.
The purpose of this position:
To add a Process and Safety Engineer to complete the Excellence Team. This position will focus on plant SQC (Safety, Quality, Costs Reduction) performance.
- Oversees all aspects of safety in the plant (wood mill). Ensures compliance of safety program with government regulations, group and plant policies.
- Lead the safety committees, responsible for safety action plans.
- Promote a culture of safety, create accident analyses
- Reliability and accountability initiatives
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting of flooring quality performance indicators in collaboration with the UAP Manager and Iso coordinator.
- Ensure the monitoring for yield improvement. Provide data to determine and follow the key factors impacting it (include supplier, drying processes). Propose modification on process, mix of vendors
- Resource to work on mill / yard quality issues according to priorities and best practices improvement
- Cost reduction initiatives and reinforcement for the flooring mill performance.
- Mainly focused on the Excellence Team prioritized Action plan.
- Ensure production of KPI and Scorecards, manufacturing Dashboard data entries (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Equipment reliability initiative support from breakdown PDCA analysis, maintenance work order follow-up and coordination between Maintenance and Production.
- Track maintenance cost vs budget for repairs and maintenance based upon Risk Management and cost reduction plan.
- Coach and train team members in TPM to aggressively change maintenance culture, and improve the maintenance team efficiency.
- Lead a proactive (preventative and predictive) maintenance program.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a maintenance and/ or operation role; with experience in a manufacturing environment that has good safety / quality standards
- Experience in TPM implementation and coordination production/ maintenance
- Experience in operation cost reduction and / or performance improvement.
- Experience in safety management
- Engineering degree from a reputable University, majoring in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Knowledge in working with mechanical equipment
- Computer literate (MS Office). Good with data presentation ( KPI graphic,…)
- People management skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Please forward your resume to [email protected] and reference 1283 in the subject line.