The coronavirus pandemic has introduced extraordinary Executive Search and Recruitment challenges for all businesses. Many of DSML Executive Search’s European clients absolutely must move forward in recruitment for critical key senior level positions and every industry group must adapt to a new employment landscape.
A recent article in Fast Company speaks to the new candidate pool, new interview process and “how people work changed overnight and the new processes may become permanent”.
- Innovate the recruiting process
- Video interviews are the logical choice, however, If a hiring manager requires an in-person interview the employer should be certain to take the appropriate safety precautions to protect the health of the workplace.
- Situational judgement – A medical device client advised candidates about a recent internal business challenge and asked them how they would go about handling the situation.
- Search for Passive Candidates
- Passive candidates are harder to find, yet there is an unlimited supply of them and most of them will move for a good opportunity.
- As a result of COVID-19, there are currently a larger number of active candidates on the market than normal. The current circumstances allows companies to be more selective in who they go after.
- Create a 100% accurate job description
- Why are we asking for 8 years’ experience? In many situations that equates to “one year” 8 times. Employers need to re-think the hiring “must haves” and be very specific in “exactly what they are looking for”.
- What are the right skills? DSML Executive Search recently challenged a manufacturing client to really hone on the different skill sets required?
- Improve the interview process
- For a current client in the packaging industry, DSML ensured that candidates were provided meaningful information about the role, the company and their potential for the future.
- Determine from the very start of the process who will do the interviewing and when, and how the final decision will be determined.
- Reach out to great applicants from the past including previous employees
Hiring is the most important decision a company can make, no matter what industry one is in. Consider engaging with an Executive Search firm that has a well-defined process in place.
If your company is seeking to recruit for a key position, such as CEO, COO, President, VP or other Senior level role, have a conversation with DSML Executive Search to ensure your search includes a “thorough” process and a “success based” strategy.