1274 – Business Development Director U.S. – Preferably Chicago based
The Position: Our client is a French start-up company specializing in the design and manufacturing of completely driverless and autonomous electric vehicles. Their innovative and intelligent technology, an autonomous shuttle, is the first driverless production vehicle to be sold on the market. They are looking for a motivated and driven Business Development Director for the U.S. operations to develop and implement the strategy that promotes the sales of the autonomous shuttle mobility solutions.
- Identify new markets, prospect and respond to existing customers in order to achieve the objectives set for the U.S.
- Become an expert of the emerging market and gather business intelligence
- Maintain an updated prospect and customer database
- Compose and prepare business proposals
- Promote the company at trade shows, exhibitions, and conferences
- Work closely with marketing, assembly/deployment, R&D, and legal services in France
- Build and manage a small team of sales professionals to support growth plans
- Lead regular sales meetings and define annual objectives and commercial activities in order to improve performance
- Develop strong relationships with market stakeholders, and represent the company’s interest and values
- Provide detailed and extensive reporting to the headquarters in France
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Engineering
- 5-8 years’ experience in business development and sales
- Experience selling a disruptive product or technology highly preferred
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing a team
- Experience in the automotive or transportation industry is preferred
- Self-starter, motivated, and autonomous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Familiarity with European business culture
- Ability to work from home and travel 70% of the time
Please forward resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and reference #1274 in the subject line of your email.